According to a new report available from Grand View Research, the global physiotherapy equipment industry is set to grow, owing to unhealthy eating habits and stressful lifestyle that lead to discomfort in ligaments, nerves, muscles, back and neck, as well as an increasing prevalence of strokes and Parkinson’s disease over the forecast period.
Physiotherapy Equipment Market Overview
The global physiotherapy equipment market size was valued at USD 19.1 Billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 33.5 Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.69% over the forecast period. Rising cases of road accidents and injuries and growing number of rehabilitation centers are expected to drive the demand for physiotherapy devices.
Poor eating habits and a stressful lifestyle that lead to discomfort in the ligaments, nerves, muscles, back and neck, as well as an increasing prevalence of strokes and Parkinson’s disease, are expected to fuel the market. Due to the additional benefits of physiotherapy, doctors have started prescribing it to patients, which has led to an increase in the demand for physiotherapy equipment.
Gather more insights into the market drivers, restraints, and growth of the Global Physiotherapy Equipment Market
Physiotherapy, also called physical therapy, is a type of treatment used to improve and restore proper bodily functions. It uses a variety of technologies and methods to help patients maintain their health and recover quickly from medical issues. These treatments usually last longer and are performed in outpatient clinics. On the other hand, inpatient rehabilitation treatments are often reserved for patients who are observed after surgery.
An aging population and increasing prevalence of cardiovascular, neurological and musculoskeletal diseases are likely to propel the growth of the market, not only in established economies but also in emerging economies such as India and China. According to the WHO National Institute on Aging, the incidence of dementia and neurodegenerative diseases is expected to increase significantly (by 25-30%). Dementia eventually leads to impaired thinking and motor speech skills. The majority of these patients eventually require ongoing care, monitoring and support, which can be diminished by the use of physiotherapy equipment.
Asia and Europe have the highest proportion of elderly people in the world and are expected to remain the same for at least the next 50 years. Many countries are working individually or collaboratively to address age-related cost and care challenges and to prevent and control chronic diseases. Chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes, COPD and arthritis are the leading causes of death worldwide and account for 63% of all deaths. Cardiovascular disease and diabetes are extremely common in the Middle East and Africa as well as in Asia. In general, the elderly population has a greater risk of developing disabilities than others. With the increase in the geriatric population, the demand for rehabilitation and physiotherapy is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years.
The International Osteoporosis Foundation predicted in 2019 that by 2025 the European population with osteoporosis could reach 33.9 million, up 23% from 26.5 million in 2010. he study indicated that by 2050, Asia is expected to account for more than half of all osteoporotic patients. hip fractures. Thus, as orthopedic diseases become more prevalent, the demand for rehabilitation treatments increases. Additionally, neurological disorders account for a significant share of global morbidity and mortality, with stroke being the leading cause of death.
Physiotherapy Equipment Market Segmentation
Based on Application Insights, the market is segmented into Neurology, musculoskeletal, pediatrics, cardiovascular and pulmonary and others
- The musculoskeletal segment with 60.3% in 2021 held the maximum share of the market, mainly due to the increase in the cases of musculoskeletal disorders.
- The cardiovascular and pulmonary segment is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period owing to the increasing adoption of physiotherapy services in developing countries.
Based on the equipment type information, the market is segmented into Hydrotherapy, cryotherapy, continuous passive movement (CPM), ultrasound, electrical stimulation, thermotherapy, therapeutic exercises and others
- The ultrasound segment dominated the physiotherapy equipment market with a share of 41.7% in 2021 and is expected to register a high CAGR during the forecast period.
- The thermoelectric stimulation segment accounted for the second largest market share in 2021.
- The increased awareness and growing number of hydrotherapy providers is expected to propel the growth of the hydrotherapy segment.
Based on the demographic information, the market is segmented into geriatric population and non-geriatric population
- The non-geriatric patient population accounted for a major share of the market in 2021. An increase in hospital stays and visits is expected to positively influence the growth of the segment over the forecast period.
- The rapid increase in aging populations is expected to boost the segment of the geriatric population.
Based on the end-use information, the market is segmented into hospitals and clinics, rehabilitation centers and others
- The hospital and clinic segment held the largest market share regarding a large pool of patients and implementation of various programs by hospitals.
- Rehab centers are also expected to register the fastest growth over the forecast period.
Based on the regional information, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America led the global market with a share of 38.5% due to the increase in accident and accident cases, rising incidence of osteoporosis and increase in geriatric population.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness a remarkable growth rate over the forecast period.
Browse research reports on the medical device industry from Grand View Research.
- mastopexy market: The global mastopexy market size was valued at USD 1.30 billion in 2021 and is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% from 2022 to 2030. The growth of the market can be attributed to the growing demand for aesthetic appearance enhancement among women.
- Spinal Implants and Devices Market: The global spinal implants and devices market size was valued at USD 12.4 billion in 2021 and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR of 5.1%) during the forecast period from 2022 to 2030. The growth of the market can be attributed to the growing incidence of Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) globally.
Market share overview
- February 2019: DJO Global, Inc. was acquired by Colfax for $3.15 billion. This acquisition helped Colfax expand its product portfolio in the company’s orthopedic segment.
- May 2019: Athletico acquired Maximum Impact Physical Therapy (MIPT), which operates clinics providing occupational therapy, physiotherapy and other specialist therapy services. This acquisition allowed Athletico to enter the Texas (Dallas) and Tucson (Arizona) markets.
Profile of key companies
Some of the major players in the global physiotherapy equipment market include:
- EMS Physio Ltd.
- Dynatronics Company
- Performance Health
- Storz Medical AG
- Zimmer MedizinSysteme GmbH
- ITO Co., Ltd.
- Enraf-Nonius BV
- Whitehall manufacturing
Order a free sample PDF of the Physiotherapy Equipment Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Search.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a full-time market research and consulting firm registered in San Francisco, California. The company offers comprehensive, customized and syndicated market reports based on in-depth data analysis. It also offers consultancy services to business communities and academic institutions and helps them understand the global and business scenario to a great extent. The company operates in a multitude of areas such as chemicals, materials, food and beverage, consumer goods, healthcare and information technology to offer consultancy services.
The Web: https://www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – US
E-mail: Send an email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
City: San Francisco
Country: United States